Friday, November 13, 2009

Resignation

To NCA families and faculty,

When I volunteered to start the PFA in January of 2009 I had high hopes and big plans. As this year has passed, so many wonderful things have happened, and already many of those plans have been carried out. Even though spearheading this project has been far more than I anticipated, I don't regret any of it. What a wonderful school we have, and what a wonderful PFA we have. It was all worth it.

But, along with all those wonderful things, I have been going top speed for almost a year and running out of gas. With working full time at the school (adjusting to being a working mom), and all the other million things I have on my plate, my time devoted to PFA has been drastically reduced. As much as I would like to continue juggling it all, I don't want to sacrifice family time anymore, or cheat the families of NCA by not being at my best.

So, regrettably, I must step down as PFA President. I want to thank all of you that have sent along so many wonderful notes of encouragement and kind words. You are a wonderful group of people, and I appreciate all you do to make this school a wonderful environment.

I also assure you, you are in good hands with the ladies in the PFA. Plus, we have so many more coming out of the woodwork to help. The PFA will thrive, especially if we continue to pitch in and support one another.

PFA Calendar

Which would you prefer regarding the moderation of the google group? PFA blog posts will still be posted on the google group either way, but it's up to parents how much involvment you'd like the PFA to have in moderating.

What would you like our Art Program to be named?