Thursday, March 26, 2009

Another uniform update

I went to JCPenney today.  My kids needed new church clothes, so I'm purposely buying clothes that fit within the dress code so they can be school clothes, too.

There were two colors of khaki at JCPenney.  One that matched TS Embroidery colors, and one was lighter.  I brought my "samples" to match them up.  Even at the "approved" retailers you'll need to be careful.  I still think TS Embroidery is the perfect place to start, and use those to match everything else.  So far she is cheaper than anything else.  We found better sizing at JCP (better fits), and thankfully only paid pennies more.  I even found a pair of shorts (according to the dress code) for less than a dollar!  Only pair though.

They are also having a shoe sale (buy one, get one for $1).  It comes out to about $15 per pair. You can find approved shoes anywhere, but these are really good quality ones.

I think it's a good idea to go to these stores and try things on.  I now know what to order when we need more. You can save shipping by having it shipped to the store.

Remember, the only things that require embroidery are the polos, and the cardigans & blazers. The blazers will have the crest which is a patch.  Your oxford shirts do not need embroidery.  TS Embroidery has these very cheap.

JCPenney carries stain resistant & wrinkle resistant clothes.  TS Emb is only wrinkle resistant.

I also did see the powder blue and maroon polos at JCP.  They are cheaper at TS Emb, though. It comes out to about $12-13 a shirt at TS Emb and $15 at JCP (that inlcludes the embroidery price).

PFA Calendar

Which would you prefer regarding the moderation of the google group? PFA blog posts will still be posted on the google group either way, but it's up to parents how much involvment you'd like the PFA to have in moderating.

What would you like our Art Program to be named?